A & E has the need for experienced truck drivers. This person will need to have a minimum of two years’ experience and a good driving record. Applicant must be able to pass a DOT physical and drive a truck with a manual transmission. Moussaoui class E or standard Kansas DL required.
• Drives truck to destination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and area roads
• Prepares receipts for load picked up
• May maintain truck log, according to state and federal regulations
• May maintain telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
• Load and unload truck
• Inspect truck equipment and supplies, such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
• May perform emergency roadside repairs, such as changing tires, installing light bulbs, tire chains, and spark plugs.
• Position load lock, blocks or tie rope around items to secure cargo during transit.
• Will also perform the duties of Shipping and Receiving Clerk and Industrial-Truck Operator.
• Adheres to all DOT and company safety regulations at all times.
• Reports all accidents or near misses to the General Manager immediately.
• Operates any equipment needed to perform job.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move 50 to 100 pounds.
•Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
• Performs related duties as assigned by supervision.
We offer competitive pay, profit sharing, paid health and dental insurance, paid holidays, paid birthdays and paid personal days (after probation period). Matching 401(k) program and paid vacation after one year.